WISTEM Project Assistantship(Only for Girls)
WISTEM Project Assistantship is a project-based assistance initiated by Women in STEM Nepal organization targeted to those girls who are willing to start their career in STEAM/computing fields. During WISTEM Assistantship, she will be responsible for overseeing/coordinating STEAM inhouse projects that are/will be researched, planned and executed under the direct supervision of the project directors. The project assistant oversees all aspects of a project as per assigned that are duly attended to and completed at the right time, regardless of challenges that may be encountered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- She will be handling details related to conducting research, drafting reports, keeping project management tracking systems updated and fielding calls and managing correspondence from project team members and report to the project director.
- Developing an overview of the approach, assigning team members to various responsibilities, setting goals and developing timelines and ensuring all elements of a project are progressing on time and on budget as anticipated.
- She will carry out administrative duties by collecting data, sorting, filing and sending out projects.
- She should be flexible in working offline and online as per project and situation requirements.
Thematic Areas working on
- STEAM and Education
- Women in computing
- Patriarchy and Social taboos
- Technology Innovation and Social enterprise
- Women and Data
- Soft skills and Self Improvement
- She must have completed her highschool degree or enrolled in an undergraduate degree currently.
- Should be between the age group of (20-25) years.
- Must be a Nepali citizen.
- Well spoken in Nepali and English language.
- Having management skills will be an added value to your cv.
- Apply only if you have some knowledge in education/STEAM/technology or are enthusiastic about computing fields.
- The minimum stipend is Rs 12000 per month but no bars for deserving candidates.
How to Apply
If you find yourself fit into above eligibility criterias and enthusiastic about working the listed thematic areas, then follow these steps to apply for the WISTEM Project Assistantship today.
- Write a cover letter explaining why you are willing to join us along with your CV and send it to email@example.com(Please only include the relevant information in your cover letter and CV)
- Also, include five thematic areas in your cover letter which you excited working on as per your interest and expertise.
Deadline: Apply by August 15th, 2020.
Selection and Interview Deadline: August 20th, 2020..
Joining Team WISTEM: August 25th, 2020.